I was doing a test for something or other and used some of the lines I’ve been creating for “… [and] every time I close my eyes” and a section of the keys from “… ashes to ashes dust to dust [heart shaped box]”; technically not the best print I’ve done but visually there’s something to it.

Advertisements

 

 

digital printout [inkjet] of work in progress stencil[s] for “… [and] the beauty that such scars can bring”; continuing with the circle, or rather to that of the “black hole”, theme and to the addition of a third colour layer [copper]. next week I’ll try and get a trial print done [screen print] see how it goes, ‘tho still need to work on the variant version of “… there but for the grace of god”.

 

 

decided to print up “ashes to ashes dust to dust [heart shaped box]” as an edition, pleased with it, looks good, ‘tho I have to say that I prefer the top half to the bottom half, just one of those things I s’pose; it does need both top and bottom to work as an image tho’; I will concede to that

to coincide with the Late Shows over this weekend Northern Print organised a 24 hour print session entitled “flaming prints” as part of the  Inspire / Cultural Olympiad programme. the event comprised of a number of print studios from around the world: Hong Kong, Korea, Mexico, USA, Canada, Poland, South Africa and starting with Northern Print in the UK; each doing a consecutive 3 hour block of printing upon the theme of flame / fire, and all documented live on twitter, facebook, flickr etc.

in the screen print corner at Northern Print were Nicky Neate, Sarah Ingledew and myself; I printed up a version of a stencil that I’ve had for a few months [candles], initially created in response to a suggestion made to me by someone; probably get round to printing up an edition of the image now that I’ve had a test run with it. still untitled at the mo’.

images of the event can be seen here: http://pinterest.com/flamingprints/

I think its ok now. started printing up the edition of “… [so] take me to the dance and hold me tight”; tho’ have to admit that I’m still not a 100% sure of it yet, might not be enough of the silver this time, and there’s a “blob” of black that was taking its time to dry, don’t know where that came from – but apart from that … I’ll have a good look over them tomorrow an’ decide whether or not to go for the second run.

 

… and once more; decided to start again with “… [so] take me to the dance and hold me tight”, just wasn’t really happy with it. got the key / main stencil flattened out and redid the stencil for the silver, there’s less of it this time [the silver] so the registration will have to be a bit more precise. I think that’s why I made the “silver” stencil a  bit larger than I needed it first time, so as there would be a bit of leeway with the registration [I’m talking half millimetres], but as I said, I just wasn’t happy with it.

in the studio today to print up the second layer of “… [so] take me to the dance and hold me tight”; couldn’t find the acetate positive, finally found it stuffed down the back of the plan chest, it was all scrunched up and stuff so couldn’t get it as flat and straight as I needed to get a good registration. not too happy. I’ll try an’ repair the positive but I’ll probably just have to start again from scratch, get a new positive made up. actually, not too sure of the silver now that the black has been put down, so mebbe change that a bit as well. give it a couple of days an’ go back and look at it again. oh well. mebbe could do something ‘bout tidying up the drawer as well.